Jira is a platform for project management, task management and bug tracking. The platform is intended primarily for developers and agile project management. Jira is available in a web version and as a desktop application.
The Jira platform is a flexible tool in which companies can adapt and modify the functional appearance of the service to their needs. For each individual project, the Jira administrator can define the type of tasks with unique constituent elements, link a set of statuses and more. Access rights for participants can be defined for each project.
The Jira structure consists of three elements: project, tasks and subtasks. The project is the main element of the platform, in which tasks and information on the work on the program are stored. Users can create a project from scratch or use a ready-made template. A project roadmap is automatically created to track the progress of the project. The project roadmap is a hierarchical structure that allows you to plan the workflow in different time perspectives, track the progress of tasks and systematize the work of several teams on one project.
Jira tasks are structured tools for project management. Tasks contain information on the actions to be taken, the time for their execution is recorded, the person in charge is assigned, and additional files are attached. The user can receive notification of changes made to the task, keep a progress log, create subtasks and leave comments.
Features of Jira:
- Kanban board - help the team ensure the transparency of project work, optimize workflow, distribute tasks from the backlog (the list of unaccomplished tasks).
- Scrum Board - allows you to manage a complex project, unite teams from different areas of product development to achieve a single goal.
- Binding program code to tasks using Bitbucket and collaborating on it.
- Maintain documentation, minutes and other documents using Confluence.
- Working together - sharing project information, resolving issues together and asking colleagues for help.
- Reporting in Jira - Reports are generated using widgets in the dashboard and can contain information about the project as a whole or about individual elements. The reports are visualized in graphs and charts.
- Supports integrations with multiple development tools and other services.