A very convenient system for maintaining small databases, used in work:
1. Setting different access levels. You can make different documents with different levels of access, for example, editing for employees, commenting for bosses, for home control and data use, but without the ability to harm the project - only viewing.
2. The very essence of the cloud system is access to documents from anywhere, where there is the Internet (and at the very least there is even an offline access function). You can forget the USB flash drive with the documents, the disk may not be read, but here you just need to remember your Google account password :)
3. Several people can work in the system at once, this is very convenient for the constant exchange of data without wasting time on sending documents by the same mail, for example.
4. Automatic saving of data. You don’t have to worry about internet failures or blackouts. They are saved permanently as soon as you enter new data.
5. Long training of new employees is not required, because nowadays everyone knows MS office. It is much more difficult to teach a person to work in 1c or other specific databases, which are different for each employer.